Complete Guide To Sports Injuries
MCL (page 226)
Signs & symptoms
-locking of the knee joint
-Giving way of the knee
My knee would all the time either give out or lock up while playing.
Causes
-twisting or violent muscles contraction
That I remember I didn't twist I jumped and landed. My knee might of twisted from giving out but.
Risk increase
-poor muscle conditioning
-nutrition
I'm pretty sure my muscles were good, along with my nutrition.
Possible complication with surgery
-Arthritic
-proneness to repeated knee injury
ACL (page 234)
-Violently over stretched
-Feeling of popping or tearing inside the knee
Cause
-Stress on ligament
-common in jumping sports
- often land on the side of the foot
Now in December when i landed i remember hearing a pop.
so part of me is kinda thinking that maybe I partially tore the ACL along with my MCL.
No comments:
Post a Comment