Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Proposal

Proposal 

 http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/18/high-school-athletic-trainers_n_6146672.html
http://www.nata.org/press-release/031209/athletic-trainers-fill-necessary-niche-secondary-schools
(some stats on availability of Athletic trainers in the U.S)

Reading the information above in the URLs was scary to read, so amazed that ONLY 42% of high schools have Athletic trainers available. That in my personal view should be so much higher.

As student Athlete I don't know where i would be if i didn't have my AT available to me. i have had many ankle sprains, a broken arm, partially torn muscle, and recently a torn ACL and Meniscus. for my ankles, he helped me strengthen and recover faster with everything he did to help, with out him i would of missed more games for the season. For my knee he was there from the start helping me, making sure i keep my strength up before surgery and even after still allowing me to come in after school to rehab even though I'm not in a sport and have physical therapy in the mornings. With out having him available to me, i wouldn't be as far as i am now with my knee, i am so much further than an average person with this injury.
 
I'm not sure if its just me or other athletes are like this, but I always listen to what is wrong with the other athletes when they come into the training room. Its very interesting hearing how they got hurt and seeing the difference in every sport, every injury. I think i like to know about the different injury because in club swim and soccer there's not trainers with us, so it kind of prepares me a little.

My experiences so far with PT & AT are giving me an idea if a career in one of those is a good idea or not. I'm still not 100% sure but I have an idea and hopefully by the end of all my research i will have a better idea and know whether its a right career path for me or not. Along with knowing my career  path, i hope to be able to run and start playing soccer again.

I will need to talk to both my AT & PT for what they like and dislike. what kind of schooling and requirements they went through, along with other questions. I would also like to learn ways to prevent specific injuries. Along with knee injury statistics, most common in what sport, gender, etc. For the physical state of my knee i hope to be back to 75% of my playing ability by the end of this year, and going from there.


No comments:

Post a Comment